Friday, May 05, 2006

Elections are coming, will PAP own again?

I wonder how our elections are being held this year. Being a typical, horribly apathatic young Singaporean I've never cared (and probably won't till i'm like, 21?) about politics, except that Mr. George Bush Jr. pisses me off.

So I've heard much anti-PAP sentiments, both from adults and my schoolmates (some of which seem to be hyper about the elections, as if they can vote =/) and (as i said) being totally ignorant (and blissfully so, as i like to decieve myself) I have not many problems with the PAP. Rather I think I have none, except that the stuff i buy seems to be getting more expensive, that some of my neighbours, though old and rickety, are taking the stairs more than i am, that my dad's employment status under CPF for the past 6 months has been "unemployed" (so he says) even though hes been working his ass off, that the PAP somehow seems to be oppressing every last bit of breath the opposition has. Other than these, i really have nothing much more to complain about. I think.

I was watchin Channel NewsAsia the other day in the bus and i saw captions in the little white thing at the bottom telling me all about "Singapore News" or something. I ended up reading statements about how some opposition party had no real clue about current affairs, about how Gomez had told Inderjit (spello?) that the whole certificate issue was "wayang".

Well i honestly have no clue WTF "wayang" is. But i'd guess its something to do with being ya-ya and dragging and crap like that. Somehow i guess i'd agree with Mr. Gomez on that. The PAP seemed to pull the issue quite alot. Coming up to election date, issues long-past and gone like these happen to come out. While it somehow shows some irresponsibility, there is no real need to pester them for explanations when it is oh-so-obvious it was a dumb, pointless mistake. But its coincidental that the issue was being publisized so close to election date, so much so its as if the PAP wished to remind us of the small mistakes of the opposition.

Maybe its not a small matter, maybe its actually a huge matter punishable by death by firing squad. But its my goddamned opinion and i think its just a mistake made to seem like a federal offence.

I guess though that the issue of pulling dumb mistakes up to light has been used by the SDP and (what i presume to be) their crazed, bankrupt leader. After all, i don't really see the connection between the PAP and the NKF. Maybe NKF was controlled by the PAP (how am i supposed to know? Im apathatic to this, remember?) or maybe the SDP was just trying to draw parallels between the two bodies. Honestly i think that its much as crap as the whole Gomez issue. It does not have much relation to politics, at least not in my view. After all, the SDP are just trying to instigate us to doubt and question the government, and the Gomez issue is the other way round. In the end its trying to make us lose trust in either party.

Whats the point? Just show us you can rule, we don't give a bloody damn if the OTHER party CAN'T rule. After all if you are good we'd vote you in and then the useless other parties can go to hell and die with their "lousier" ideals, management and whatsoever.

And i think i'm rambling as usual. The point is i'm growing weary of this damn election, with trucks and bikes blaring loudly to me in the night and with news constantly blabbering about all the scandals and shit related to the elections (im like AMK GRC by the way, thats the PMs o.0)

Well the elections HAVE given me something nice though, like a half day today AND a holiday (which Mrs Chan decided shall be somewhere around NATIONAL DAY O.O haha) Well we had lunch and watched MI:III

Not too bad a movie i must say, though i wonder if I could get a more realistic depiction of "Mission Impossible" from watching news about the General Elections and the Opposition's struggle to win some seats from big-daddy PAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home