Saturday, April 01, 2006

Smashing plates at Esmirada

Actually I'm not sure if its Esmirada or Esmiralda or Esmidada but what the hell how many mediterranean restaurants can there be in Orchard Hotel? So anyway i was at this spiffy (and dark) restaurant, where garlic bread costs 6 bucks, courtesy of my dear aunt (weeeee).

Apparently she was saying how she had wanted to bring us here for years. I admit i thought she was quite dumb to have waited a few years, after all since when did we need to be older to EAT FOOD?

I guess I was a little wrong.

Halfway through the meal some funky loud piano tune started, so i was like getting funked out when someone broke a plate. I was quite stunned at first but i thought "hey, everyone makes mistakes". Thus i reached for my glass of Ginger Ale (which was great, by the way) when another plate broke. That was stunning me la, and the music was getting louder too, with many people clapping to the beat. Then the waiter walked up with a stack of white plates and smiling to us...he tossed them on the ground.

Ii was 0.O at first (honestly i bet you would too) but after a few more waiters pranced up hitting plates together (the sound is ear-jarring) i kinda got used to the sound of plates getting broken together. I swear Stone Cold (yes that 'ol wrestler) must have gotten his opening theme song from this place...

What was pleasingly surprising was that they passed us some plates with a smile. No explanation was required of course, i mean the dish plates were coloured and all spiffy looking, not like the bland white ones. So my brother happily (and gently) tossed one on the ground to break it into an amazing......two pieces.

Just to mock him i threw a plate at one of the waiters feet (shhh) with a rather awe-inspiring smash.

Well at least now i know WHY my garlic bread was costing six bucks =/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home