Sunday, April 08, 2007

in between

Cutting my nails as i chew up another Dean Koontz novel, chew through dragons in monsterhunterpsp and chew on random tidbits that are gonna make me bigger.

Also got a random quiz thing to do at request of yh and jastine (as far as i know) and i gotta write supposedly 6 wierd things about me and 6 people i'd like to take the test. I'm hellava normal guy but oh well, here goes:

1) I am a serious direction idiot who cant find my way around my own neighbourhood.

2) When i buy stuff i'm either fucking serious or in a highly amused mood.

3) I don't like not knowing anything. If i know theres a secret i don't know i NEED to know whats that secret. Yea i'm a busybody.

4) I like tauhuay (soya bean curd thing) alot but i totally despise soya beans.

5) I cry only (or at least most of the time) when i'm damn pissed off at someone.

6) Once i start hiccuping, i can go on for days killing myself.

Okay that was hard, now i want these people to write wierd stuff about themselves:

1) James GUK
2) Vera
3) Jeremy KHONG
4) Althea
5) TimSoo
6) Wayne/Haiwei/Tortoise-Turtle-thing

Now go write and tell me, haha.

Just re-watched 300 with my bro, still makes me get goosebumps when i see the 40thousand greeks cheer and chiong. Also, had to explain lots of things to my brother, like why Xerxes seems like an oversized gay. If you didnt know, its apparently because he thinks hes a god and since god is well, sexless, he should have a sexual preference that is in the middle.

To that my brother asked: "Budden also got goddess all that what" so it was quite tiring trying to explain how certain religions believe in an imnipresent omnipotent omni-everything god that did not really have a gender, explaining that Jesus Christ isn't really god (to some branches) was quite difficult.

Which makes me wonder if all non-catholic/christian/buddhist/etc school students were like him, oblivious to the beliefs of religion. Having graduated from a catholic school and having gone through a course on religious education and even a bible studies session or two i had a childish notion that everyone else would have similar exposure to what i considered common sense. While not necessary, i found that it might not be socially adequate if the population had many youths that are not understanding of religions. Just like how we are multi-racial we obviously also multi-beliefs and without religious harmony it is hard to have racial harmony for they are overlapping and closely related.

So why stick to just the propoganda-filled, nation-glorifying hao-gong-ming (good citizen) and social studies? Why not introduce religious education so that every youth, believer or not, can understand why some of their friends talk to themselves before meals, why some others disappear on friday afternoons, why some wear amulets and pendents and crosses. The effects may not be apparent or quantifiable but they certainly will serve to let friends bond closer and communities more understanding of each other. So all of you oblivious kids out there, go learn about a religion you know nothing more about then its name, go ask your friends, go read a book, surf wikipedia, enrich yourselves, and be open about it.

I want Command and Conquer: Tiberium wars. And a good router. Grrrrr busy busy busy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home